We need you to help us reach our Big Hairy Audacious Goal! By building really smart software we enable insurers worldwide to automatically detect risks of insurance fraud. Our ultimate dream is that in 2025 the FRISS Score is the global trusted standard for honest insurance. We need great people to build great products! We’re looking for a new colleague. Are you a CISO?
Your mission as a Team Manager Security and Compliance at FRISS
You are responsible for making sure the Security & Compliance team reaches its goals by making sure the company can grow and thrive while adhering to the required standards. Under your guidance the team is able to grow professionally and personally, and you make sure that they are kept energized and focused.
In this role, you will be client facing frequently as our clients and prospects seek an experienced sparring partner to understand how FRISS can support their security & compliance requirements.
Depending on the growth of the team (currently 1 additional opening) you are also responsible for daily operations, for example signing off on questionnaires to executing and overseeing different frameworks (SOC2, ISO27001 and ISAE 3402).
- Manage & support the team, assuring that it is enabled and adequately equipped to meet our goals.
- Know what the individual and team needs are and what will motivate and inspire team members.
- Make sure that each team member feels appreciated, dares to express their point of view, and there’s enough room and safety for constructive criticism towards each other.
- Report to, create awareness, and advise the management team.
- Empower the leadership team and the rest of the organization to take ownership for the Security & Compliance responsibilities.
- Oversee the processes required for maintaining relevant security & compliance certifications & attestations (i.e. ISO27001, ISAE 3402).
- Ensure continuous improvement & governance of the ISMS.
- Organize and facilitate group consultations for steering and coordination in the field of information security.
What did you achieve after one year?
You have grown the team with 1 FTE. The team has a stable footing within the company by improving ownership of the Security & Compliance subjects within their daily & annual operations. FRISS has achieved the ISO27001 certification. Ideally you will have made a governance plan to integrate the processes of the two recent acquisitions into the ISMS.
You and your FRISS team
We offer the opportunity to work in a fast-changing and international environment, with lots of room for initiative and personal development. Our clients demand secure and modern solutions to support their needs and compliance requirements. You will collaborate closely with your teammates from the Security & Compliance team and with a wide variety of clients, data partners, and highly talented colleagues.
Who are you?
You must have an analytical and critical mindset which allows you to manage complex security & compliance challenges in a fast growing, internationally oriented company. You feel comfortable with giving advice where needed and can overcome resistance to ensure compliance with policies and guidelines, which are often perceived as obstructive in the execution of the work. You are experienced and comfortable in sparring with the management team and high-profile multi-national clients. You understand when discretion is required and can deal with confidential information.
The ideal candidate:
- Extensive management experience.
- Your work is characterized by integrity, proactiveness, quality-orientation, and teamwork.
- At least 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in a relevant industry (such as finance, insurance, insurtech, or a data analytics firm).
- You have knowledge of international security standards such as NIST, ISO and TPM’s.
- You have a relevant university or college background, e.g. Master of (Business) Informatics, Information Security, Cybersecurity or similar domains, OR Applied University (Bachelor).
- One or more relevant business certifications (CISA, CISM) are a plus.
- Ability to also speak and write in Dutch is a big plus, but not a hard requirement.
- Finally, you are driven by high energy and a sense of honesty!
Don’t let Imposter Syndrome stop you from applying! If you have any questions, you can contact us at email@example.com
FRISS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to be yourself. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, nationality, or veteran status.