We need you to help us reach our Big Hairy Audacious Goal! By building really smart software we enable insurers worldwide to automatically detect insurance fraud and identify high risks. Our ultimate dream is that in 2025 the FRISS Score is the global trusted standard for honest insurance. Are you ready for an adventure? And are you eager to learn AND push your career to the next level?
Your mission as a Software Engineering Manager
You are a primus inter pares! You lead different engineers in scrum teams (4-5 people) towards engineering excellence, in a global environment.
If you look back after one year at FRISS, what will you have achieved ?
You and your engineers are involved in designing and building software for our customers all over the world in an Agile manner. You improved engineering and delivery processes in our department and helped your engineers to grow. You took initiative during standups and encouraged colleagues to get the best out of themselves. Every engineer in your teams trusts you and knows he/she can count on you, on a tech AND personal level.
You in the Product Development team
You will report to our Head of Engineering, managing software engineers in Scrum teams. Together with our Enterprise Architect, Data Architect and Principal Developer you will participate in design meetings, influence the platform architecture, and support the teams in adopting the technical strategy. You will promote innovation and collaboration within the teams. You are going to be there for them. Are you the one that likes to improve the software in an innovative and functional way? Are you in for the challenges like scalability, further spreading DevOps and Agile culture, fighting legacy? AND what’s more, can you build solid relationships? If this makes you tick, then this is the company that you want to be a part of!
Who are you?
- You have a background as a Software Engineer so you can guide by example. Although, there is no need for you to dive deep into the code or write one – as you would like to step into a fully managerial role.
- Whenever you see things that need to be improved, in the teams, company or software engineering processes (or maybe even in the code) – you are eager to discuss it and encourage everyone to do their best.
- You have proven experience in people management, and are passionate about mentoring to keep the team happy + make sure they grow.
- Your managerial skills also cover the “HR” part of the duties. You need to make sure that team has everything they need to perform on their TOP level.
- You appreciate a good joke (or maybe even a bad one;) and you are not afraid to crack one yourself (our tech teams are called Whiskey and Echo).
- Proactive “people person” who thrives in a dynamic environment, where change is the constant -> if you come up with an idea that will suit you and the team – we will not hold you back.
You are able to speak English on a business proficiency level and strive for effective and authentic communication.
Don’t let Imposter Syndrome stop you from applying! If you have any questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.
FRISS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to be yourself. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, nationality, or veteran status.Apply for this job!