About this job
We need you to help us reach our Big Hairy Audacious Goal! By building really smart software we enable insurers worldwide to automatically detect insurance fraud and identify high risks. Our ultimate dream is that in 2025 the FRISS Score is the global trusted standard for honest insurance. Are you ready for an adventure? And are you eager to learn AND push your career to the next level?
Your mission as a Software Engineering Manager
You are a primus inter pares! On one hand, you are a software engineer (nah we won’t use any millennial trigger-words as “ninja developer” or “code guru”!). On the other, you lead different engineers in 2 scrum teams (10-12 people) towards engineering excellence, in a global environment.
If you look back after one year at FRISS, what will you have achieved ?
You and your engineers are involved in designing and building software for our customers all over the world in an Agile manner. You have coded and given input on how FRISS can enhance the architecture of our product. You improved engineering and delivery processes in our department and helped your engineers to grow. You took initiative during standups and encouraged colleagues to get the best out of themselves. Every engineer in your teams trust you and knows he/she can count on you, on a tech AND personal level.
You in the Product Development
You will report to our Head of Engineering, managing software engineers in 2 Scrum teams. Together with our Lead Architect, you will participate in design meetings, influence the platform architecture, and support the teams in adopting the technical strategy. You will promote innovation and collaboration within the teams. You are going to be there for them, managing and helping with coding. Are you the one that likes to improve the software in an innovative and functional way? Are you in for the challenges like scalability, further spreading DevOps and Agile culture, fighting legacy? AND what’s more, can you build relationships as solid as your code? If this makes you tick, then this is the company that you want to be a part of!
Who are you?
- You are up for a challenge, and whenever you see things that need to be improved, both in the code and in the teams, you are eager to discuss it and challenge everyone to do their best.
- You are proficient with software architecture, and you have fun solving technical problems.
- You have experience with software in the cloud (preferably Azure, but we can forgive you if you are an AWS person).
- You also have great languages skills like C# or Python.
- In your backpack, you have worked and have a good understanding of cloud native applications. Finally, it’s a nice touch if you have experience with at least one among Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Azure Functions and/or Databricks.
- You are able to speak English on a business proficiency level.
Don’t let Imposter Syndrome stop you from applying! If you have any questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.