We need you to help us reach our Big Hairy Audacious Goal! We enable insurers worldwide to automatically detect insurance fraud and identify high risks by building intelligent software. Our ultimate dream is that in 2025 the FRISS Score will be the global trusted standard for honest insurance. Are you ready for an adventure? And are you eager to learn AND push your career to the next level?
Your mission as a Senior C# Engineer
You will be working in a team focused on the core components within FRISS, innovating the Screening Engine. This team is responsible for the applications needed to configure and generate the FRISS score to prevent and detect insurance fraud. As a Senior C# Engineer, your mission is to innovate and improve in this product area.
What have you achieved as a Senior C# Engineer after one year?
You have been a valuable part of the team that focused on the Screening Engine by extending and innovating the expert rules and intelligence.
Your team has developed and implemented new innovative ideas to improve the logic behind calculating and configuring the FRISS score for our customers. You and your team have been a key-player in phasing out legacy components to make room for innovation.
You worked on the following areas:
- Ensured the overall quality of the released products
- Created proposals and executed software designs that may involve significant re-architecture of essential components in our landscape
- Ensured the reliability and security of the software
- Acted as a technical lead within one or more areas of the product and mentored the team
- Promoted innovation and introduced new technologies into the products and to your colleagues. Therefore you provided problem resolution and technical leadership to the group.
- You worked closely with other teams in the Product Development department and with the members of the architectural board, the Enterprise Architect, and the Principle Engineer.
You shared your knowledge, showed initiative during stand-ups, and encouraged colleagues to get the best out of themselves and the team.
What does this mean on a daily day basis?
– You created excellent code, reviewed and solved technical problems
– You participated in stand-ups, sprint reviews, and internal knowledge sharing
– You may have learned Dutch! (we offer free language courses for our employees)
You and your FRISS team
What was the most complex product that you coded in your life? Think about your role in this process and the influences of your team members. Was it a team effort? Was the product brand new, or did you have to deal with legacy? In other words, how would you see yourself as a developer? Are you the one that likes to innovate software technically and functionally? Are you in for challenges like scalability, renewing old code, and starting new changes to improve? Are you a team player who believes in working agile? Do you trust team members and like to share learnings? We empower you to own the FRISS products so that you work on AND believe in them. On top of that, you can become an official shareholder. If this makes you tick, then this is the job for you.
You will be part of a Scrum team of 4 experienced engineers, a QA, a Scrum Master, and a Product Owner. Every two weeks, you reflect on the last Sprint and plan together for the new one. You interact with other teams on related components and dependencies.
Who are you?
Someone who enjoys a challenge, you are an entrepreneurial developer!
We look for someone who has several years of developing experience and the following competencies in your backpack:
- Proven experience in Software Development, Design, and Architecture (Design Patterns, OOP, SOLID-principles, CI/CD, RDBMS, Microservices, REST)
- Good communication / articulation / collaboration skills
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to understand sophisticated products, solutions, and problems
- Proficiency in product non-functional requirements like performance and scalability
- Extensive knowledge of cloud providers like Azure
Finally, it’s a nice touch if you have experience with the following techniques:
Do you see things that need to be improved? Go for it, discuss new ideas and challenge your team members to get the best results. Are you also able to speak English on a business proficiency level? Then we really would like to get to know more about you! Join our expedition and apply.