We need you to help us reach our Big Hairy Audacious Goal! By building really smart software we enable insurers worldwide to automatically detect insurance fraud and identify high risks. Our ultimate dream is that in 2025 the FRISS Score is the global trusted standard for honest insurance. Are you ready for an adventure? We are growing rapidly and to welcome new customers we are on the hunt for a (Senior) Platform Operations Engineer.
Your Mission as Platform Operations Engineer
You will be part of one of our Platform teams. As a Platform Operations Engineer, you will help our organization grow by preventing platform issues. You will do this by utilizing state-of-the art monitoring and alerting. With automation and self-service in mind, you will be developing scripts and documented processes for recurring tasks. You will support our consultants and support-staff in working with the customers to provide the best service possible.
If you look back after one year at FRISS, what did you achieve?
You have been part of bringing the platform operations to the next level:
- Implemented, analyzed and improved our monitoring and alerting using centralized tools.
- Helped the development teams enable their own alerts and follow-up processes, so they can take responsibility of their DevOps processes even better.
- Helped the support team on platform issues and incidents; which you have helped to decrease by structurally analyzing and fixing/preventing them in the first place.
- Automated recurring tasks which lowered the work-processes on the team.
- Made the customer happy with having FRISS as a trusted advisor in the quest against insurance fraud, by keeping the platform healthy and responsive together with the other platform teams and development teams.
You and your FRISS team
We offer the opportunity to work in a fast-changing and international environment, with lots of room for initiative and personal development. We want to welcome new customers and to continue to connect with them. This requires our platform to expand on a daily basis and this comes with obvious challenges to keep availability and scalability under control. Together with the other platform teams, you will be working on new ways to monitor the platform and prevent issues to pop-up.
- Monitor and respond quickly to incoming IT requests through various channels
- Project Support: interactions with customers on connecting to the platform
- On-call incident management (3rd
- Release management and automation
- Root cause analysis
- Cross functional engagement and communication to resolve production issues
- Automation & tool configuration/development
Who are you?
- Eager to learn
- Seeing the bigger picture (end-to-end)
- Willing to perform standby-shifts as well as work evenings/weekends
- Process driven – and document where procedures are missing
- Good (technical) communication skills
- Understanding of DevOps culture
- PowerShell and Bash scripting
- Knowledge on Linux and Windows systems
- Knowledge on networking/firewalls and associated issues
- Automation tool(s) experience e.g. Terraform
- Monitoring tools
- English (must)
- Considerable experience with IT support/administration in a SaaS company
Don’t let Imposter Syndrome stop you from applying! If you have any questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
FRISS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to be yourself. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, nationality, or veteran status.