About this job
We need you to help us reach our Big Hairy Audacious Goal! By building really smart software we enable insurers worldwide to automatically detect insurance fraud and identify high risks. Our ultimate dream is that in 2025 the FRISS Score is the global trusted standard for honest insurance. We need great people to build great products! We want a new colleague, are you our DevOps Engineer for Latin America?
Your Mission as a DevOps Engineer (LatAm)
A Infrastructure engineer, you are a bridge between our European HQ and locally in our expanding office for Latin America. You help us on the day-to-day activities on infrastructures, applications and support to our American customers.
What did you achieve as a DevOps Engineer after one year
- After getting familiar with our HQ in Utrecht, you have relocated to our Santiago de Chile office
- You have become a leader by example for your colleagues, and a reliable and available point of contact with our customers, especially those from Latin America
- You have pushed beyond your defined areas of competence and are now a driven and focused self-starter who takes ownership
- You have gained knowledge in the high-quality of the software we work with and you have given input for using new tools & technologies like Kubernetes, Azure etc.
- You have an active role in the team(s) and you know how to create the best workflow with the team(s)
You and your FRISS team
You’ll be helping us to transition to full DevOps, with flexible mindset and schedules. FRISS works with SCRUM to deliver new functionalities in every release. In these sprints you are able to work independently AND with the team. You will find yourself immersed in our multinational teams, during our legendary vrijmibo and ping pong tournaments in Utrecht AND our chacareros in Chile. And if you are still hungry for further growth, we will keep you sated!
Who are you?
First things first: ideally you speak with confidence both English AND Spanish. You are able to facilitate and maintain our microservices architecture. You know how to follow our products from development phase until its ready for delivery. You have experience in Linux and you have scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell, Bash). You are familiar with Continuous Deployment tools and mechanisms (we use Octopus), and with Docker/Docker containers. What’s more, ideally in your backpack there’s a combination of at least some of the following experiences (the more the better!): Kubernetes, but also Azure, Managing web or SaaS application infrastructures, Monitoring (e.g. Zabbix) relational and NoSQL databases (MS SQL, NEO4j and MongoDB) and continuous delivery, Agile, and naturally DevOps expertise. Integration and testing skills are also very relevant to us, together with automated build and delivery pipelines in combination with source control like Microsoft TFS, GIT (…yes we know it’s a lot :-) ).
Do you recognize yourself in this vacancy? Join our expedition and apply. And if you want to know more, feel free to contact email@example.com or via What’s app me, Claudio, at +31 639008671