We need you to help us reach our Big Hairy Audacious Goal! By building really smart software we enable insurers worldwide to automatically detect insurance fraud and identify high risks. Our ultimate dream is that in 2025 the FRISS Score is the global trusted standard for honest insurance. Are you ready for an adventure?
Do you have experience with creating beautiful and clean data that Data Scientists and BI consultant can rely on? We want to expand our data team with a colleague who likes to work hands on and can act as an inspirator for his/her colleagues and our customers.
Your mission as a Data Engineer
Work with FRISS in the next level of data driven fraud analytics and join the teams mission to make FRISS an even more data driven company. With your reliable data pipelines, you make sure that the rest of the data team can create the best Machine Learning models and BI reports in this sector and for FRISS internally.
If you look back after one year at FRISS, what did you achieve?
After a year you’ve made your name as one of the ambassadors of data within FRISS towards your colleagues and our customers. You challenge and coach your team members and your colleagues to think in ways to improve themselves AND our products & services. You’ve added your own signature and ideas to our data strategy and to put it simply, you made sure our data is looking a lot prettier than when you started. Ok, enough of this, let’s talk bullet points!
- You’ve made sure the Data Warehouse (following Kimball’s Star Schema) used for our detailed Power BI reporting is (automatically) optimized for the hundreds of millions of rows in it.
- You have developed and are maintaining production-grade data pipelines in tools like Azure Databricks or Azure Data Factory, known within FRISS for their scalability, reliability, transparency and speed.
- By making sure data quality checks are set up during all steps of our data journey, you’ve made sure that we have more trust in our data.
- While manipulating data, you constantly keep an eye out on inaccuracies in the data (models) and you’ve set up many initiatives to improve our data.
You and your FRISS team
Our data team is called team Sakura. Together with the Sakura team you will work on making sure data will become the core of FRISS. The mission of the team goes further than just our Data Science models and Reporting. We would like every part of the company to be driven by data, such that the best decisions can be made and the best products can be created.
The Sakura team loves challenges, so you need to challenge them with your creative, analytical and business oriented mindset (And in return, they will challenge you back!).
Who are you?
You have a great interest in the world of data and you are always looking for ways to optimize the world around you. You have a relevant Master’s degree and a proven track record as a Data Engineer. You like to build cool things that actually add value. You make data practical and you think in terms of how can data improve our business.
We’d expect you to at least have experience in:
- Data modelling (at least Kimball’s Star Schema) and designing Data Warehouses
- Git & CI/CD pipelines
- Communication & presentation skills
You have our full attention if you also have:
- Experience with Azure (our Cloud platform of choice)
- Experience with real-time streaming of data
- Experience with other data tooling, like Snowflake or AWS Redshift
- Basic knowledge of C#
Don’t let Imposter Syndrome stop you from applying! If you have any questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.
FRISS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to be yourself. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, nationality, or veteran status.Apply for this job!