WE FIGHT FRAUD
We need you to help us reach our Big Hairy Audacious Goal! By building really smart software we enable insurers worldwide to automatically detect insurance fraud and identify high risks. Our ultimate dream is that in 2025 the FRISS Score is the global trusted standard for honest insurance. Are you ready for an adventure?
Your mission as Data Architect
At FRISS we specialize in cloud-based anti-fraud solutions by enriching, processing, and analyzing insurance data at scale and work together with hundreds of clients and data source vendors all over the globe. Our mission is to build the best AI-driven tools and solutions to combat insurance fraud and estimate risk in order to make insurance more honest.
The fuel for these innovations is as much in the ability to ingest, process, and access high-quality data as in the tools to fit complex classifiers such as deep neural networks. Your mission would be to bring processes and the technologies around handing data to the next level and take the lead on the mission to make FRISS an even more data-driven company to make sure our clients can make the best possible use of the data we collect and process.
If you look back after one year at FRISS, what will you have achieved ?
You worked together with our product managers, principal engineers and data engineers to create blueprints, principles and standards related to data modeling, retrieval, storage and ingestion. You helped to improve and implement new technologies to maintain a cohesive data-driven ecosystem. You helped develop and operationalize data management processes and helped improve internal data standards, associated meta-data and quality procedures. You helped to carry out a data-driven mindset throughout the organization and initiated change management within the organization where needed.
You and your FRISS team
You will report to our Head of Engineering, managing software engineers in 2 Scrum teams. Together with our Lead Architect, you will participate in design meetings, influence the platform architecture, and support the teams in adopting the technical strategy. You will promote innovation and collaboration within the teams. You are going to be there for them, managing and helping with coding. Are you the one that likes to improve the software in an innovative and functional way? Are you in for the challenges like scalability, further spreading DevOps and Agile culture, fighting legacy? AND what’s more, can you build solid relationships? If this makes you tick, then this is the company that you want to be a part of!
Who are you?
- You have a strong conceptual understanding of modern cloud architectures and services and have a clear vision and proven experience with the successful building and evolving of data lakes, data warehouses, and distributed event streaming platforms.
- You stay on top of the market and always look for the industry standards and trends in big data and real-time data processing.
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence, inspire and convince both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You have experience in dealing with modern complex privacy and security requirements for storing personal information.
- We’d love it if you have experience with as many of the following as possible: MS Azure services, Linux, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, DataBricks, Kafka, MS SQL Server, Elastic Search and .Net.
- Bonus points for being familiar with the ACORD Reference Architecture or any other industry-standard data models.
Don’t let Imposter Syndrome stop you from applying! If you have any questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRISS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to be yourself. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, nationality, or veteran status.Apply for this job!